New Owner Stock Transfer Instructions

The Bellflower-Somerset Mutual Water Company is a non-profit Corporation composed of the owners of record of real property in the area served by the Company. To be entitled to receive water such owner(s) of record must own in his/her/their name a share of the capital stock of the company.  These share’s are appurtenant to the land of such owner and cannot be transferred separate from said land. Such ownership is evidenced by a stock certificate issued by the Company. All property owners selling or transferring property must notify the Company to complete the necessary stock transfer for the new owner to become eligible as a stockholder under Section 330.24 of the Civil Code of the State Of California.

If you have sold your property and have not notified us, please call (562) 866-9980 so that the stock can be transferred. All stockholders are reminded to file or attach their Bellflower-Somerset Stock Certificate to their title of property. This is to remind your escrow agent handling the sale or transfer of property to contact Bellflower-Somerset Mutual Water Company for transfer of stock, keeping the new owner eligible to receive water.

NEW STOCKHOLDERS:  Stock transfer requirements:

  1.  Name of New Owner.
  2.  Service Address.
  3.  Mailing Address.
  4. $40.00 Stock Fee (non-refundable).
  5. Copy of Grant Deed or Deed of Trust.