Q: Is there a fee for paying my bill in the Company office, by phone, or by automatic bill payment
A: No, Bellflower-Somerset does not charge a fee for payments.

Q: How can I pay my water bill?
A: Bellflower-Somerset accepts payments by mail, by walk-in, by phone, by automatic bill payment and online through our website.  Payments by phone are made by calling 844-793-3989 .

Q: How do I start water service?
A: You can sign up for water by filling out the application on the website, or going to the office at 10016 Flower Street, Bellflower, Ca. to fill out the application.

Q: Does Bellflower-Somerset accept stop service requests over the phone?
A: Yes, you may call the office to stop your service or you can fill out the form on this website.

Q: Do I need to pay a deposit for water?
A: Yes, Bellflower-Somerset requires a deposit from all new customers.  The deposit is $200.00 or  an average usage over a 2 billing cycle (4 months) period, whichever is greater.

Q: When will I get my deposit back?
A: For a tenant, the deposit will be applied to your closing bill and you will be refunded the difference. For a shareholder/owner, you can request that your deposit be credited to your account after 3 years of on time payments.

Q: Can I get an extension on my bill?
A: Yes you can get an extension. We only allow one (1) extension per year.  You must call for an extension before water is turned off.  Once water is turned off an extension will not be given.

Q: Does Bellflower-Somerset offer discounts to low income and/or senior citizens?
A: No, Bellflower-Somerset does not offer low income or senior citizen discounts.  Our water rates are the lowest rates possible to deliver good quality water.

Q: How do I locate my water shut-off valve?
A: The shut-off valve is typically near your water output (where you hook up your hose) nearest the street, or just inside of the garage.

Q: How do I know if I have a leak?
A: To do a leak-check, make sure no one is using water inside and outside your home (or building); check the position of the sweep hand and all the numbers on your water meter. Wait about 15 minutes and then check again. If the position of the sweep hand and the numbers have not changed, you don’t have any leaks. If there is a change, there is a leak somewhere on the property. Check your fixtures and pipes for leaks or call a plumber.

Q: How do I know if a broken pipe is the Company’s responsibility or my own?
A: Bellflower-Somerset is responsible for what is called the street side of the meter, including all mains in the street. The property owner is responsible for maintenance of water lines on the property side of the water meter.

Q: Where is my water meter and how do I read it?
A:  Water meters are usually located near your front street curb in a concrete box marked “Water.” Remove the lid by using a tool like a screwdriver or pliers. The numbers in the dial boxes show how many cubic feet of water you are using. One cubic foot equals 7.48 gallons of water. If you check your meter throughout the month, you can see how much water you are using.

QHow many gallons of water is equivalent to a hundred cubic feet (HCF)?
A: 748 gallons is equivalent to one hundred cubic feet.